Friday 13 May 2011

Open House Show Case….Part 3!

This time, I’ve used my new Daisies die from Stampin’ Up!  I think they make striking cards, especially when used with bright, sunny colours. 

IMG_9506

I’ve cut two of each of the daisy sizes in Melon Mambo.  I’ve then used my bone folder to curl the petals of each flower, alternating curling up and curling down.  I’ve then layered the flowers together and secured with a brad in the middle.  I’ve matted the flower on to embossed Whisper White and Concord Crush before 3d’ing  the whole thing on to the front of a 15cm square card blank. 

I’ve finished the card off with a greeting from the Hostess Level 1 gift set, Afterthoughts

IMG_9508

 

Here’s a close up of the flower to try and show you the dimension!  You could, of course, add more dimension but layering the flowers with…er…dimensionals! Smile

I’m entering this into the following challenges:

The Crafty Pad - Spots and Dots
Delightful Challenges – Flowers
Crafty Creations – Anything Goes

 

And the showcasing today with cards made in my Nottingham Open House  is Helen.Yay!  Helen made these cute ‘Just for You’ cards….mostly while juggling baby Noah!!  Love them, Helen!  The colours are sooo fresh and funky!

IMG_9492IMG_9493

p.s. I told you I’d be rocking all week after holding your beautiful baby boy!!  LOL!

Thanks for reading Smile.

BFN
Linda
X

6 comments:

  1. loving it, and so right the cards are so fresh and full of colour, which is what is needed with the current dull weather. Well done girls yet again put a smile on me face :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just KNOW I'll have to CASE this....SO PRETTY.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol I am going to have to CASE this one too! The flowers as so life like! Beautiful! Thanks for playing with us this week at The Crafty Pad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, I love your flower! So lifelike!
    Thank you for sharing it with us at The Crafty Pad for our spots & dots challenge!
    Hope you can play again next week too!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards. So glad you made it to the Crafty Creations Challenge. Your card is a great addition to our gallery. Come again, please! :)Peggy

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think....thanks for looking :-)