Monday 6 June 2011

Colour Challenges

I’ve been inspired by colour challenges today and have made a similar card in three different colour ways.  I’ve had this card in my head for a while so it’s been so much fun playing with the colours.


The first challenge I checked out is The Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge.  We’re to take our inspiration from this room scene of bright yellows and purples, and that’s just what I’ve done.

 

 

Purple and Yellow card My chosen colours for this challenge are Daffodil Delight and Concord Crush.  I’ve used my trusty Simple Said set to stamp a flowers on to a circle Whisper White.  I’ve inked the edge of the circle with Concord Crush and matted it onto a scalloped circle of the same colour. 

I’ve layered white on to Concord Crush (again) and adhered it to a card blank, then I’ve 3d’ed the  circle on to the middle of the card.  Finally I’ve added another circle into the middle with a sentiment. Oh…and a bit of bling to the centre of the purple flowers.

It’s a very CAS look – one that I’m favouring at the moment.  So, the next challenge was over on Crafty Creations.  They are wanting to see creations using  Pink n Orange:

Simply Said Flowers

 

I’ve made this card in the same way only using Tangerine Tango and Melon Mambo.

 

 

 

 

 

And the final challenge was over on Creative Craft Challenges.  They are wanting to see creations using Blue, Brown and Cream (and not necessarily men’s cards):

Flower Card

 

I've made this using all my blues – Marina Mist, Pacific Blue and Baja Breeze – Crumb Cake, and cream card.  This time I’ve added a bit of Crumb Cake ribbon too and the greeting is from the Afterthoughts stamp set.

I think this is my favourite one yet.  And because I think this is Fab n Funky, I’m going to enter it in their  ‘Whateva’ challenge too!

So I hope you like them.  Feel free to let me know Smile.

BFN
Linda
X

9 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous!

    Thanks for joining our "Photo Inspiration" challenge this week on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three are wonderful! Love the design. Very nice!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards Linda. Although I love the bright colours of the first two cards, the blue/brown/cream combo is my favourite. It has a soft feminine feel to it!
    Hugs, Victoria ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. I love the flowers and the layout is great. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenge. Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous creation and great interpretation thank you for joining us and sharing your lovely work at the SCSC
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for playing with us at Crafty Creations Challenge this week Linda. What a beautiful cas look and the blue one too. Love that summer in the air. :)Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these are wonderful, what a lovely design! Thanks for joining us at fab n funky this week, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful
    Thanks for joining us at SECRET CRAFTER CHALLENGE this week and good luck !
    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are lovely!
    Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think....thanks for looking :-)