Wednesday 13 July 2011

Have a Hoot!!

Ok…I know…just like the butterflies, I’m now obsessing with Owls!  But I just love this punch from Stampin’ Up!

 Owl Punch Birthday

He lends himself to sooo many occasions….and he’s sooo simple to use (as I prove here!).

Here I’ve used Early Espresso and Baha Breeze as my colours (with a little bit of Cherry Cobbler for his chest and Old Olive for the leaves).  I’ve simply softened the edges of the DSP Baha Breeze spotty paper by inking it with Early Espresso and stuck it flat onto the card.  I’ve sat Woodsy on a branch and 3d’d a computer-generated sentiment (using Fabulous 50’s font that Jenny over on Crafting in the Country has used this week) in the top corner.  I added a twist of ribbon behind the sentiment to add a bit of interest.

So a NAS card Smile.  Hope you like it.

I’m entering this in Simon Says Challenge this week….Anything goes!!! 

BFN
Linda
X

2 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS!!! Design and punch are wonderful!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable owl!! I love that his belly is embossed! : )

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think....thanks for looking :-)