Sunday 9 August 2015

Final Post of the Weekend - Inspired by My Pending Summer Holiday!

So this card is working with the colours of my last card...Real Red, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Yellow and Olive Green.  They just shout SUMMER to me which is the theme over on the Allsorts Challenge!


I've made this user Summer Silhouettes with a greeting from Flower Patch stamp sets, both from Stampin' Up!  The photo has a lovely shadow cast from my blind that I hope you can ignore!

I was going for another one-layer card so I made a clear line across the card with Post-Its and started stamping my flowers and foliage.  I added the stems, blended the green around the bottom of the leaves and added the greeting.....using an acrylic block I'd just cleaned....and left a splodge just below the sentiment, hence the carefully placed butterfly from the Beautiful Wings Sizzlits :-)


This is a close up of the flowers, finished with a touch of glamour dust (as usual). So, as the card was no longer one layer, I cut it down, matted it to Real Red before sticking to a card blank.

Now here's the question:  What does One-Layer mean to you?

Does it allow for embellishments, matting and glitter or is it as the name suggest strictly ONE-LAYER?

I'd be interested to know what you think :-)

In the meantime, I'm also entering this in to the following challenges:
Little Tangles  {Birthday}
Addicted to Stamping  {Anything Goes}
My Time To Craft  {Recipe: 1 Die Cut (Butterfly), 2 Images (Flowers and Leaves), 3 Flowers (3 Red ones, 3 yellow ones) }

Thanks for looking.  Feel free to leave me a link in my comments to visit your pages!

Linda
x

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the colours, and the sentiment is brilliant ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Great masking, stamping and sponging! I think one-layer means different things to different people/challenges, you just need to read the requirements of each challenge. I wouldn't personally say that the small butterfly (which finishes it beautifully) on this pretty card constituted a layer, but others might. Anyway, thanks so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers CAS! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd agree Hazel...That butterfly is far too small to be a layer :-)

      Thanks for looking :-)

      Delete
  3. Just beautiful! Gorgeous colours and I love the design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous and so lovely card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty garden, Linda! I love that red mat! Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job of masking, stamping and sponging. I love your pretty garden! Great save with the small butterfly. I don't make one layer cards very often, but I think it depends on the challenge itself ... each one seems to have a different interpretation. In my opinion, a small butterfly embellishment is not a layer. I do love the pop of red for the frame which takes it out of the running for one layer. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card, Linda! Your flowers are gorgeous and the color combo and design are perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! I love your little garden (can you tell!) Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers ........ Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this set and you have used it beautifully. Lovely stamping and colours. Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Thanks for joining in our "Recipe" challenge at My Time To Craft :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning design Linda.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Outstanding masking, Linda! Again, just brilliant colors, too!! I think most OLC challenges let you put a small embellie or even a ribbon, but each challenge has their own definition of what it means. I do love how this ended up with the narrow real red mat!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card and great stamping. Thanks for joining in at Little Tangles.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is just beautiful! Great job of masking, sponging and stamping and the colors that you chose are wonderful. I'm one of your newest followers. ta ta for now, Kathy

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think....thanks for looking :-)