Tuesday 3 May 2011

Just believe in Stampin’

Now I’m still quite new to Stampin’ Up products and I like to see what different effects can be achieved with them.  This card uses the Just Believe Stamp Set but instead of stampin’ on the fantastic Whisper white card for a clear flawless image, I’ve stamped it on textured vanilla card to give it a…er….textured look.

IMG_9484

I’m loving this layered effect too….let me share with you how it came about. 

Firstly, I stamped the image (twice) in Wasabi Green onto a matching card blank….and I didn’t like it! 

I’ve recently made I thank you card which I loved, so using a similar technique, I distressed the edge of some Crumb Cake card and stamped the image again….adding a sentiment from the same stamp set and a bit of Vanilla ribbon to finish it of….and I still didn’t like it!

So finally…I stamped the image one final time in Crumb Cake on to textured vanilla card, inked the edges using the same colour and slipped it under the vanilla ribbon.  I stamped the sentiment again and finally!  A card I liked!

So this is what my Open House is all about….trial and er…trial – cos there are no errors! All right!

So if you are able to get to Hucknall, Nottingham on Saturday, 7th May 2011, feel free to join us for my Open House Event…..just drop me a line so I can cater for the right number.  Hope to see you there….

BFN
Linda
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think....thanks for looking :-)