Tuesday 17 May 2011

One For The Kids

Ok, this week it’s ‘One for the kids’ over on Top Tip Tuesday and a card for a baby/child on The Tuesday ThrowDown.  As my two youngest always love stampin’ animals and colouring them in…from bugs to dinosaurs… a cute,little woodland creatures got to be a winner….right?  And I’ve combined this with a technique I’ve been wanting to try for ages Smile.
IMG_9595
This stamp is from the Fast and Fun Notes Stamp set.  It’s a cute image of a hedgehog with a butterfly on its nose.   IMG_9598I’ve stamped this image once onto Whisper White and cut the it out.  Then I’ve reversed it to give him a little mate facing him nose to nose. 
Clever, aye Smile.

And here’s the top tip how to do it.  I’ve inked the stamp up and laid it on the table.  Then using my brayer (available from Stampin’ Up!) I’ve rolled it across the stamp, then straight away rolled the brayer on to fabulous Whisper white card, thus transferring the image. Woo hoo! It worked first time…although I do recommend you only try this with Whisper White card.  It’s sooo smooth you can’t go wrong!

I’ve used River Rock, Cherry Cobbler and Marina Mist for the butterflies made with Beautiful Wings embosslit and added a Happy Birthday greeting from one of the other stamps from the same set.

I’ve made this as a 15cm square card, but I think it might have been better as an A6.  I’ll give that a go next I think.  So I hope you like it.  Let me know what you think….
Thanks for reading
BFN
Linda
X

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Your card is fab, I just LOVE that cute little fella and those butterflies finish the card perfectly!
    ...and what a FANTASTIC TIP you shared with us too - Thank You so much!


    Thanks for joining us this week over at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'One For The Kids' Challenge :)
    Good Luck!

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness....this is just DARLING!!!! So very cute and those butterflies are perfect with this stamp. Love it!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet!

    Thank you for taking part in One For The Kids challenge at Top Tip Tuesday!

    So happy you've joined us!

    Maggie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute. I love the beautiful butterfly accents. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think....thanks for looking :-)